There is an A-frame bunkhouse and flat ground space for camping in Coed Obry. Within it’s 5 1/2 acres, Coed Obry has parking for 4-6 vehicles, a flat grassed camping area next to the pond and an A-frame designed Eco-Cabin. Visiting this wood is an experience you should not miss ! The wood is located 1 mile north of the village centre of Penrhyndeudraeth on the A4085.
The A-frame designed Eco-Cabin has bunk-style accommodation for 4-6 persons. The bunkhouse can be booked through AirBnB https://airbnb.com/h/snowdonia-woodland-bunkhouse
It has a wood burning stove (with firewood supplied) and a basic kitchen. You should note that there is no running water or electricity, though rainwater harvesting systems provide washing/showering and washing-up water. You are advised to bring your own drinking water, though we provide containers and a hose if you wish to fill up locally. The 12v power supply (solar charged) can charge up phones/tablets etc. There are 3 gas cookers for boiling water and cooking breakfast. We use biodegradable soap/washing up liquid (Ecover) and we ask visitors to take all your litter/waste away with you. There is a compost toilet 50m away in a secluded part of the wood and an outside shower cubicle adjoining the bunkhouse. If you prefer to camp you can bring your own tent and sleeping mattress. You will need your own sleeping bag whether you camp or stay in the Eco-cabin. There are two camp fires outside the bunkhouse. There are shops locally in Penrhydeudraeth 1 mile south; or The Brondanw Arms (The Ring) is a good Robinson’s pub 1 mile north at Garreg.
The bunkhouse can be booked through AirBnB https://airbnb.com/h/snowdonia-woodland-bunkhouse
For detailed travel directions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guests who book and stay in the bunkhouse are entitled to 20% discount on guiding with Tim at Snowdonia Outdoors: canoeing/kayaking, guided walking/mountaineering, mountain biking and bushcraft.
- Paula (May 2021): The host Tim goes way above and beyond being helpful and kind. During our stay Tim was amazing all around we especially enjoyed the kayaking and canoeing adventure 10/10 would recommend to all. The bunk house was better than described lovely warm and cosy.
- Clare (April 2021): Beautiful cabin in the woods! Great communication from host. Such a great location and good for star watching, having fires and lovely to wake up in the woods. Thank you 🙂
- Luke (April 2021): Tim’s place is unique. Simple, tranquil and in a perfect location for access to all areas of Snowdonia. It was great to meet Tim and hear about the developments of his woodland and the wildlife around. A perfect location for outdoor lovers and families alike. Will be visiting again!
- Kieran (April 2021): Brilliant place, nice and chilled. Had a great few days there this week.
- Jonathan (April 2021): Coed Obry is a great place to stay. Lots of interesting things to see in the woodland and a cosy wood burner for those cold evenings. Living off grid for a week was a new experience for us but we thoroughly enjoyed it. Tim was a great host: helpful and friendly, and paid attention to the children as well, showing them around and sharing his wealth of knowledge about the wildlife there. Would definitely recommend!
- Derrick April 2021): We were blessed with six days without rain in Snowdonia – not a common feature! The cabin was a perfect place to make memories for our family (including children aged 5 and 7). We all enjoyed spending time in the woodland and visiting the surrounding area. The cabin was as described, and a great place for those who are looking for that sort of holiday. Overall a fantastic holiday that we will all remember for a long time.
- Harry (March 2021): Tim’s place is a hidden gem. Well out the way of all the noise and business, a perfect little escape. Tim is great, full of local knowledge and keen to help in any way possible. Would highly recommend to anyone.